Regardless of the reason why you’re looking for a roofer, you should always ask the right questions. Throwing the right questions could mean the difference between finding a good North Myrtle Beach roofing contractor and ending up with a dud. Here are some of the ten most important questions you should ask a roofer:
When getting a new roof or getting repairs, always look for a credible roofing contractor
- Are you licensed and fully insured? – It’s a no-brainer why this question is on the top of the list. The roofer must always have the right insurance policy in place just in case the unforeseeable happens. And of course, the roofer must be licensed to operate.
- How long are you in the business? – Experience is one of the few things that money can’t buy. You simply can’t buy ten years of experience in the roofing industry. Most roofers that are more than a decade old in the industry know how the business works and that includes what the customer wants and how things are done.
- What safety protocols do you use? – Whenever you are getting roof repairs of getting a new roof, you should ask the roofer about the safety protocols that they put in place. You do need to consider the fact that working at heights can be quite dangerous both for the workers and your property as well. A good rule of thumb is to always put safety as the first priority.
- What course of action will you take? – In case you are having your roof repaired, it would be good to ask your roofing contractor about the plans they have in mind. Let them lay out their plan and explain it to you. This is good practice for the homeowner to keep costs down.
- What will you do when the weather goes bad? – Most roofers would look at weather forecasts before working on the roof. However, there are instances where you just can’t tell if the weather is going to be fine or not. When the weather does go south, it’s good to know what measures the roofer would take to ensure that the roof is well protected.
- How long will the job take? – Contractors like NMB Roofing Pros would give you a timeline of the project before it would even begin. However, you do need to consider the fact that the job might not go as planned. It’s good to have a certain allowance to let the work be carried out with minimal pressure.
- Any warranty? – Always ask the roofing contractor if there’s any warranty on their work. A warranty is always a good way of ensuring that you will get the quality of work that you paid for.
- Can you provide references? – Customer reference is always a good thing. Aside from the demos that the roofer could provide you, customer opinion is always a much better way to vet the quality of work they could provide.
- Who can I contact on site? – having contact to the people working on site is a must. This is especially important when you are away from the location.
- Can you provide a quote? – Roofers would gladly give you a quote over the phone. However, what you should be asking for is a written estimate to make sure everything is outlined and clear.
Call NMB Roofing Pros if you want to make sure that you are working only with a reputable and experienced roofing company.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582