Depending on the roofing material that your home first had, your roof might be due for replacement sooner or later. On average, roofing materials last anywhere around 10-20 years. However, that number generally depends on the type of material that you used. Getting a new roof these days don’t come cheap. Having a new roof installed is an investment that you need to make and one that you should pay close attention to. Here are the top five roofing materials that you can choose from.
The materials that your local roofing contractor would recommend.
- Natural slate roofing – if you want a roof that will last you a really long time, you should consider natural slate. Not only does it last for lengthy durations, it also looks good as well. It’s not as expensive as other roofing materials as well. The national minimum average cost will set you back around $1.89 per square foot while the maximum average starts at $2.72 per square foot.
- Wood roofing – if you’re the kind of homeowner who likes the rustic look, this type of roofing is for you. It gives that classic aesthetic to your roof that no other material can provide. However, prices of wood roofing goes up depending on the species of wood that you use. The national minimum average per square foot is at $5 while the maximum stands at $8. As you may notice, there’s a significant price jump from natural slate roofing to wood roofing.
- Tile roofing – are you in the market for a roofing style that isn’t all too common? If you are, you should be setting your sights on tile roofing. You have a wide array of choices here. You can choose from interlocking tiles to Spanish style roofing tiles and the list goes on. However, the price only skyrockets from this point. The national average cost per one hundred square foot of tile roofing ranges from around $700-800. It’s a huge investment. This highlights the need for an expert roofing contractor in North Myrtle Beach to do the installation.
- Metal roofing – due to the ever popular trend of sustainable homes, metal roofs have become one of the top roofing types in the market. The national average cost for metal roofing is at around $800-1,250 for every one hundred square feet.
- Asphalt shingles – it’s the most popular type of roofing material in the United States due to its affordability and durability. It comes in a wide variety of designs which means you still get to have a nice looking roof without spending too much. The national average minimum cost for asphalt shingles are $0.50 per square foot and maxes out at $2 per square foot.
Regardless of the type of roofing material that you choose, it is important to note the critical aspects that come with installing a new roof. Of course, this includes a thorough roof inspection followed by preparation and then the installation.
All of these steps should only be carried out by professional roofing contractors that are licensed and experienced. Roofing contractors such as NMB Roofing Pros are perfect for the job. They have years of experience and have a good reputation for doing their craft well.
Call NMB Roofing Pros if you are looking for an experienced and reliable roofing contractor in North Myrtle Beach.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582