It’s quite rare for a new home to experience roof issues. However, older homes don’t have it the same way. Older homes are more susceptible to roof problems due to age, normal wear and tear, and other factors. For owners who have a relatively older home, it is recommended to schedule a thorough roof inspection. Doing so will uncover any problems that may be lurking beneath the surface. There are common problems that may appear. Identifying these problems early on will allow for easy handling of the situation and prevent it from going out of control.
Roof problems and roof repair methods
If you have roof problems you will most likely spend a significant amount of money to have it repaired. Roof issues can start anywhere from minor leaks to major overhauls. On average, homeowners spend around $654 on roof repair. And it’s good to note that it doesn’t put into account any serious problems yet. If you want to spare yourself the hassle and the expensive repair costs, always schedule annual roof inspections to verify the status of your roof. It may seek okay at first glance but problems could already be on their way. It’s also best if you’d know the common roof problems and how to fix them, giving you’re an idea the next time around.
- Leaks – one of the most common problems we have with the roof are leaks. It’s a well-known fact that roof is intended to protect the entire home from the elements but it’s no exception when it comes to leaks. The primary and best solution to this problem is to call in a professional. NMB Roofing Pros and other experts can easily fix these kinds of issues.
- Roof flashing issues – one of the possible reasons why leaks occur is because of faulty roof flashing. This problem can be solved by DIY repair. A patching kit can be purchased at your local hardware store. However, if you don’t want to risk your life by climbing up a steep ladder, calling a professional is your best option.
- Moss on the roof – if you live in an area with a lot of humidity, chances are you will have moss on your roof. The problem even gets worse if you have tree branches that go over your roof. Use cleaning solutions to remove moss. Never use a pressure washer as it can damage your roof. Also, you can remove any trees near your home or at least trim the branches that go over the roof.
- Pigeon problems – pigeons may seem harmless but they can damage your roof too. Invest in a mechanism that scares away the birds or contact your nearest animal control.
- Ventilation issues – you might not realize it but your roof may have ventilation issues. It doesn’t sound too important because it’s rare for anyone to live in the attic, but ventilation is still needed even if nobody’s living there. Proper roof ventilation helps preserve the roof and all of its components.
- Shingle degradation – over time, your shingles will degrade and it will eventually have a negative effect on your roof. In case the inspection came out with negative results, have your contractor perform roof repair in North Myrtle Beach immediately to avoid making the problem worse.
Call NMB Roofing Pros if you are looking for an experienced and reliable roofing contractor in North Myrtle Beach.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582