When it comes to choosing the right roofing contractor, you want to be sure that you have chosen the best one for your home. There are many roofing contractors out there who will give you the cheapest price, but if they are not the best at what they do, then you could end up with a bad job that will cost you money and time.
Here are some things to look for when choosing a roofing contractor.
1. Get references from the contractor. If possible, ask them to send you references of past customers. You should also find out how long they have been in business.
2. Ask about their experience. Make sure they have a lot of experience in the field. Ask them how many roofs they have installed. Also ask them how many jobs they have done in your area. This will help you determine whether or not they are going to be able to meet your needs.
3. Look at the type of materials they use. Some roofing contractors only install wood shingles. They may be cheaper, but they will not last as long as other types of materials. Find out what type of materials they use and what type of warranty they offer.
4. Look at the workmanship. The roofing contractor should be able to provide you with a certificate showing that they are licensed and insured. If you can’t see any certificates, then you should not hire them.
5. Get estimates. Before hiring a roofing contractor, make sure that you get estimates from several different companies. This will help you to compare prices and see which company is offering the best deal.
6. Check for insurance. Ask the contractor for proof of insurance. If they don’t have insurance, you should probably look elsewhere.
7. Ask about warranties. Roofing contractors often provide warranties on their work. If they don’t, you should find another company.
8. Ask about the process. What happens if you have an emergency? Will the contractor come to your house and fix it? How long does it take them to come to your house?
9. Find out what the payment terms are. Some contractors require a deposit before starting work, while others will charge by the hour. Make sure you know what you are getting into before signing any contracts.
10. Find out what kind of guarantees the contractor offers. Some roofing contractors offer lifetime warranties, while others only offer 30 day warranties.
11. Find out if they are members of any trade organizations. A roofing contractor that is a member of a trade organization is more likely to be honest and professional than one that is not.
These are questions to ask when you call NMB Roofing Pros. We are local and here to serve North Myrtle Beach.
NMB Roofing Pros
Greg Lilly Roofing and Restoration
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582