Roofing materials are built to last. They are designed in such a way that they can withstand the harsh beating of the elements. However, there’s also another truth to the story. Roofing materials can only last so long without maintenance or repairs. Although roofing materials are often rated to last anywhere from 15-25 years, they will age and deteriorate faster without preventive measures. Your roofing contractor will often advise homeowners to get a roof inspection at least once a year. There’s a good reason for this. Roof inspection, repairs, and other preventive measures can prolong the life of a roof, saving the homeowner thousands in the process.
The importance of scheduled roof maintenance
You might think that not a lot is going on with your roof. Some homeowners only consider getting a roof inspection when they plan on selling their house. Then the problems are all found and need to be repaired. By such time, repair costs have ballooned as the problems got worse over time. Even if storms don’t frequent your area, you should still have your roof inspected. Not only will roof inspections uncover possible issues, but you will also avoid costly roof repair.
Here are signs that you need to have your roof inspected:
- There are leaks on your roof.
- There’s water damage in your attic and ceiling.
- Shingles are missing from your roof.
- There are dark stains or moss growth on your roof.
- Recessed areas have formed on your roof.
- Your energy bills are rising despite efforts to reduce power consumption.
- Your roof looks worn.
- Your roof is almost or over two decades old.
Who to call for an inspection?
Another thing that you need to focus on is the contractor that does the inspection. You need to be sure about the roofer you hire. Always be certain that you are hiring a professional like NMB Roofing Pros. There are thousands of roofers out there but not all of them can provide top-quality roofing services. That’s why it is important to sift through an entire lot of roofers to find the best ones. Here’s how you can do it:
- Always go for a roofer that has a license and insurance – roofing companies will often promote themselves to get more clients. However, you should only transact with local roof repair contractors that are full-licensed and insured.
- A roofer that knows the local codes – it is important that the roofer knows the local updated building codes. Often times, you might need permits to work on your house and your roofer should be able to take care of it for you.
- An experienced roofer – a good reputation goes a long way. The same with experience. An experienced roofer is a lot better than a company that’s only been recently in the industry.
Are you in need of a roofing professional in North Myrtle Beach? Call NMB Roofing Pros today! You may reach us at (843) 491-6382.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582