Your home is your castle. It’s where you raise your family, entertain guests, and relax after a hard day’s work. When it comes time to make repairs to your roof, however, it’s not something you want to take lightly. The right roofing contractor can help you avoid problems and save money on your repairs, but how do you find one?
Before You Hire a Roofer
- Do Your Homework– Before you hire any contractor, be sure to do your research and ask around. Ask friends and neighbors if they know of a good roofing contractor in your area. Check online reviews and testimonials to see what others have to say about the contractor.
- Look For Qualifications– If you don’t already have a list of contractors in mind, visit the Better Business Bureau website and look up the contractor you’re interested in hiring. This will tell you whether or not the company has a history of complaints against them. Also, look for licensing and insurance information. Find out if the company has liability insurance and worker’s compensation coverage.
- Find Out About Their Reputation– How long has the company been in business? What type of reputation does it have? Has it had any serious complaints filed against it? Have they ever been sued? Is the company licensed and insured? How long have they been in business? These are just a few of the questions you should ask before hiring a contractor.
- Find Out About Any Warranty Issues– If there is a warranty on your home, make sure that it covers roof repairs. If the contractor doesn’t offer a warranty, find another contractor who will.
- Make Sure They Have Insurance– All reputable contractors will carry liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance. You’ll also need to make sure they have property insurance.
- Don’t Be Afraid To Ask Questions– Don’t be afraid to ask the contractor all of the questions you have about their business. If they seem evasive or unwilling to answer your questions, you might want to reconsider hiring them.
- Ask For References– If the contractor has references, call them and ask for references. Get a feel for how well they treated their previous customers.
- Ask About Labor Rates– If you’re looking at several different companies, ask each one how much labor they charge. Most companies will quote their prices per square foot. This means that if you have a large home, they will charge you more per square foot than they would for a smaller home.
- Find Out About Payment Plans– Some contractors will require payment upfront, while others will allow you to pay over time. Make sure you know what you’re getting into before you sign any contracts.
NMB Roofing Pros strives to deliver the best results all the time. We offer roof installation, replacement, and repair. Call us today to get started.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582