Most of us have experienced the discomfort of a leaking roof. The problem can be a little more serious than that, and may require immediate action to prevent further damage. In some cases, it may be necessary to replace the entire roof. In other cases, the roof may only need to be repaired. The most common causes of a leaking roof include:
1. Roof leaks can occur because of problems with the roofing materials themselves.
2. Leaks can occur due to improper installation of the roofing materials.
3. Leaks can occur due inadequate ventilation or insulation.
4. Leaks can occur because of faulty flashing.
5. Leaks can occur because the roof is improperly attached to the house.
6. Leaks can occur because there is an excessive amount of water pressure.
7. Leaks can occur because a chimney has been improperly installed.
8. Leaks can occur because water pipes have been damaged.
If you suspect a leak in your roof, the first thing you should do is shut off the water supply to the house. If you suspect that the leak is in the attic, you should call a professional for assistance. You should also turn off all of the electricity to the house to avoid electrical shock. After the house has been turned off, you should call a professional roofer who will come out and assess the situation. He will determine if the roof needs to be replaced, or if the roof can be repaired.
If the roof does need to be replaced, a roofing contractor will remove the existing roofing material and install a new roof. The new roofing material will usually be made from asphalt shingles. If the existing roof was installed properly, the new roof will fit tightly to the existing roof. The contractor will also inspect the roof for any areas where the roofing materials are not properly sealed. These areas will need to be repaired before the new roof can be installed.
Roof repair can be a very expensive proposition. The cost of a new roof can vary from $10,000 to $20,000, depending on the size of the roof and the type of materials used. The cost of roof repair can vary from $500 to $1,000.
A roof replacement can be a very expensive proposition as well. The cost of a new, properly installed roof can range from $15,000 to $30,000.
A new roof will last anywhere from 10 to 20 years. Roof repairs can last from 6 months to a year. A roof replacement will typically last from 3 to 5 years.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582