For whatever reason it may be, if you need to have your roof replaced, you will most certainly need a lot of money. Most homeowners would automatically turn to their insurance provider to file a claim and cover the costs. However, it’s not all the time that your insurance provider would just hand you over the money and get it over with. Insurance companies are finicky when it comes to approving claims and releasing the money. When you need a roof replacement, there are certain prerequisites that need to be met.
Here are five steps on how you can get your insurance company to pony up for the roof replacement:
- Understand your coverage – first of all, you should be mindful of your insurance coverage. It would be a terrible waste of time to go through the process of filing a claim only to find out that it got rejected. Be sure that you read your insurance policy a few times before you file a claim. This will eliminate any doubts and clear up and questions before you could proceed. For a North Myrtle Beach roof replacement to be needed, the damage must be great. Also, the cause of the damage must be within the terms of the policy so as to have better chances of getting the claim approved.
- Document the damage – take both photos and videos of the roof as evidence of the damage. Doing so will give you an idea of whether what you need is a simple roof repair or a complete replacement. This will be very useful when you file for a claim. Be sure to document everything as soon as possible. The sooner you get the pictures and videos, the better it is. Also, be aware of the protocols set in place by your insurance provider. This will let you know when and how to file for a claim.
- Hire a reputable roofing contractor – once you have filed your insurance claim, the next thing that you should do is to look for a reputable roofing contractor. It is important that you hire a roofing contractor that knows how to deal with insurance claims. This way, they could provide you with an assessment of the roof that will boost your chances of having the claim approved.
- Beware of scammers – there are a lot of fraudulent people out there trying to fool homeowners into signing a contract. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Any decent roofing contractor like NMB Roofing Pros would offer their services in a proper way. They don’t usually go house to house just to sell their services. Also, a legitimate roofer would provide realistic and reliable services at the right price.
5. Proceed to the next step – once you have documented everything, filed your claim, and had a roof inspection done, the next thing to do is hire your roofer of choice. You can hire the roofer you chose for the roof inspection. Once the roof replacement has been done, be sure to have it inspected regularly to prevent issues.
Do you need a roof inspection, repair, or a complete roofing overhaul? Call NMB Roofing Pros today! You may reach us at (843) 491-6382 to receive a free estimate.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582