Are you experiencing problems with your roof? There are times when roof repair is needed. You would also find instances where the repair will not suffice and roof replacement is necessary. However, determining whether you should get a new roof is not that simple. There are different factors that need to be taken into account before you can get to that point and have your roof replaced.
6 signs telling you a roof replacement is due
- Your roof is old – normally, an asphalt shingle roof can last anywhere from 12-15 years. Metal and tile roofing can last longer. The average lifespan of a roof will depend on the materials used to make the roof, the weather conditions in the area, and its age. If you have an old roof, the materials will likely have degraded or lost its durability after years of exposure to the elements. If your roof is way beyond its rated lifespan, it’s one clear sign that you need a North Myrtle Beach roof replacement.
- Curling or missing shingles – shingles can curl, buckle, break, or get dislodged. This process doesn’t happen fairly quickly, though. It would take a long time before any signs of wear appear. When you do notice some curling or missing shingles on your roof, it’s an indication that a replacement is due. Contract your local roofing contractor immediately for a quote on roof replacement. Don’t wait for the problem to get worse. It’s best to have immediate replacement when issues are just starting.
- Damaged flashing – the joints of your roofing system will be vulnerable if it weren’t for the flashing installed. Basically, the flashing is installed in areas like joints where shingles cannot be installed. Flashings are what protect the likely places where water could go through. However, flashings don’t last forever. When you spot them missing or damaged, call your local roofer right away.
- Ice damming – you might think that ice damming on the edge of your roof is normal due to the sheer cold. However, it highlights an issue with your roof. When ice dams form, it means there’s an issue with roofing ventilation. Normally, proper ventilation helps circulate warm air in the attic which helps prevent the formation of ice dams. Other than that, ice dams will damage the gutter and other parts of the roof that would lead to replacements in the long run.
- Water damage on roof and ceiling – most often, roof leaks aren’t easily apparent until there’s visible damage. If your ceiling or walls are showing discoloration and signs of water damage it means the leaks have long been present. The best solution to this problem is to have a roofing contractor inspect the roof for issues and have the problem dealt with professionally.
- Presence of pests in the roof – it’s not just people who try to break into homes. Pests and other critters would also want to get in and take refuge in your home, with the roof as a prime location. Should you encounter holes anywhere on your roof, it would mean pests have broken through. You might want to call NMB Roofing Pros and pest control to keep things in check.
Call NMB Roofing Pros if you want to make sure that you are working only with a reputable and experienced roofing company.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582