Right before you decide on hiring a particular roofing contractor, you should first find out if they are reliable. A poor job can cost you more in the long run. Roof repairs or new roof installation is done incorrectly might lead to more issues sooner or later. It pays to get to know the contractor before you hire them. It’s simple but very effective in narrowing down your list and only end up with a handful of good roofers. Here are some of the questions that you should ask a roofing contractor:
Common questions that you should raise with your roofing contractor
- What’s your full company name and address? – When you are about to engage in any kind of contractor, you should at least know their name and where their office is. This is the basic rule when dealing with a company for the first time. Establishing this first step would eliminate any doubts that you might have. Should you have any concerns about the company in general, you can ask for their name, office address, and have it checked out with the better business bureau. You will often find that a reliable North Myrtle Beach roofing contractor will pride themselves on their name and branding.
- Do you have insurance? – Another important thing that you should be asking about is insurance. After all, it is on the roof that they will be working. You do not want to have any damages to be covered by your own pocket. A legitimate roofing company would have insurance to protect both the homeowner as well as their employees. It is important to note that it is necessary for roofers to have a working insurance policy in place. They don’t often say this right away but it will be helpful to ask for this information.
- Do you hire subcontractors? – There are a number of roofers out there that hire independent subcontractors which might not be insured. You should be smart enough to ask your prospective contractor if they employ workers other than their own employees. Knowing if they have any employment will be important to protect yourself in case of roof repair accidents.
- Are you licensed? – A roofing contractor will be required by the state to acquire a license. This would mean that they would need to pass certain qualifications before they could operate. Having a license means that the roofer you have in mind is indeed reliable. Other than checking to see if they have a license, you should make sure that it is updated. Always go for a licensed contractor like NMB Roofing Pros.
- Do you provide a warranty for your work? – When you are getting a new roof, you will want to have some sort of warranty for the work that’s done. This will serve as a protective measure that will enable you to avoid further costs should there be an issue with your roof. You should make sure to get in touch with the roofer so you could prevent added costs.
Call NMB Roofing Pros if you want to make sure that you are working only with a reputable and experienced roofing company.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582