Nowadays, people are becoming more conscious of their environment. Going eco-friendly is no longer optional for some. In fact, a lot of homeowners are trying to incorporate as many eco-friendly products in their homes to help the environment. This also includes using environmentally-friendly roofing options. If you’re one of these homeowners, contact your local roofing contractor for the options available in your area. Here are some roofing tips that will make your roof better without the guilt of leaving behind a huge carbon footprint:
Ask your local roofing contractor for eco-friendly roofing
First of all, being eco-friendly isn’t all about buying new stuff. There are products that use recycled materials in them. The next time you’re making a purchase, you don’t have to feel guilty. There are also all-natural products that you can choose from.
- Recycled shingles – the one thing that you can easily do is to buy recycled shingles. Keep in mind that you are not directly reusing old shingles from worn-out homes or buildings. Recycled shingles basically make use of older materials and incorporating them with other ingredients to make new shingles. Basically, you’d still be having new shingles but only those that are made from recycled materials. With today’s recycling standards and manufacturing processes, there are plenty of options to choose from without sacrificing quality.
- Wood shakes and shingles – if you’re wondering why this is on the list, it makes sense to think that trees are renewable. Wood shakes and shingles could last more than a decade if properly cared for. When you think of it, ten years is enough for a tree to grow to full size, therefore, you don’t have to worry about running out of trees for shingles sooner or later. That is if people are planting more trees to replace the old ones.
- Slate roofs – slate is basically a very old type of roofing material. People have been using slate roofs for a couple centuries, making it a very reliable material. Using reclaimed slate roofs also cuts the overall cost of getting a new roof.
- Metal roofs – if you’re looking for a cleaner approach towards roofing, you can’t go wrong with metal roofing. If you choose to have a new roof in North Myrtle Beach and decide on a metal roof, you are most likely going green. A lot of roofing manufacturers use recycled metals. This means you will be using recycled metal which is a good term in terms of eco-friendliness.
- Add solar panels – your roof sits idle on top of your home for as long as it lasts. However, you can make use of the space and have solar panels installed. You may need help from your local roofing experts like NMB Roofing Pros for assistance regarding the matter. In general, having solar panels on top of your roof would provide you with more energy to spend on your home that you would have, otherwise, used from the grid.
Call NMB Roofing Pros if you are looking for an experienced and reliable roofing contractor in North Myrtle Beach.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582