Understanding your roof’s condition is essential in keeping it in good condition for the following seasons to come. It is crucial to have a roof inspection done after a major hailstorm or hurricane. These events often leave your roof damaged especially when the storm is strong enough. A roof inspection will determine whether you need North Myrtle Beach roof repair or a complete replacement. If you are unsure whether to call in a roofer, you should look for signs that your roof is in need of an inspection.
Here are tell-tale signs your need to call a roofing contractor
- You see shingle granules in your gutters – grab a sturdy ladder and check your gutters. If you see any granules similar in color to your shingles, then you have yourself a problem. This indicates that your shingles are near the end of their useful life. Call a roofing contractor to give you a proper assessment of the problem. In some cases, the problem could be contained in a small area, saving you money on a possible roof replacement.
- Missing or broken shingles – roof shingles can last up to three decades with proper maintenance. However, there are weather events that could cut short the lifespan of asphalt shingles. Hurricanes and hailstorms can break or dislodge shingles which could cause leaking. When you find any missing or broken shingles, call a roofer for immediate roof repair. Such issues should be remedied as soon as possible.
- Water stains on the roof deck – it’s hard to detect leaks especially if you don’t find anything visually out of order on your roof. That’s why you should also check your attic for signs of leaks. Check the underside of the decking for any water stains. If you find any water stains, you should call NMB Roofing Pros to conduct repairs.
- Popping shingles – the shingles could pop when hit by hail. However, it can also be the result of poor attic ventilation. If the temperatures in the attic rise to 120 degrees, it can cause the shingles to pop. You may need to call in a roofer to check your attic and give you advice on how to improve roof ventilation.
- Worn out flashing – a piece of flashing can be either a strip of metal or plastic. It is used to seal the joint areas where the roof and chimneys meet. It creates a perfect seal that makes the joints waterproof. However, the sealant used to hold the flashing in place may wear out over time due to exposure to the elements.
6. The age of the roof – roof age is a primary indicator that you need either repair or roof replacement. It is important to note how old the roof is. If the roof has not received enough maintenance over the years, you can expect significant effects of natural wear and tear. This is the reason why a roof inspection should be done annually. After all, preventive maintenance is cheaper than repairs or replacement.
Are you in need of roofing services in North Myrtle Beach? Look no further! Call NMB Roofing Pros at (843) 491-6382 for all your roofing needs.
NMB Roofing Pros
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582